7 severe cases of premature celebration
It has effected most of us at some point and it’s always unbearably embarrassing.
There’s no anticlimax like it.
But none of us have suffered from it quite as spectacularly as Freddie Burns this weekend. Our toes are only just beginning to uncurl after this classic case of Premature Celebration:
Clips like this are the perfect mix of uncomfortable cringe and unadulterated schadenfreude. There’s no way to avoid laughing at it, but you do have a tinge of sympathy for the culprit.
If Freddie’s effort isn’t not enough to make you wince into a frenzy, here are some of our favourite cases of Premature Celebration from the world of sport and beyond:
1. This one’s for keeps:
2. Fist-bumped into 2nd place
3. Hard luck in Softball
4. “What are you standing up for?!”
5. There is no plan bee
6. Kosuke Hashi-NO!
7. Flying Fish gets hooked
Share this article:
- 18th October Celeb Spotting: Can you name the celebs who have played and partied at B7s?
- 9th October Bhubesi Pride Foundation enter Bournemouth 7s 2020
- 18th September Our 7 to Watch at 2019 Rugby World Cup